Tuesday 1 January 2013

School Counseling Linky Party 2013


I can't believe another great year has come and gone.  Time has to stop flying by, I seriously don't know where it goes!  This post is all about collaborating with other school counselors through the blog world.  I was so excited to see that Marissa from elementaryschoolcounseling.org was hosting a School Counseling Linky Party.  I think that this is a great way to reflect on our blog posts of 2012 and to connect with even more school counselors.  


For now it's all about the posts.  Let's see what 2013 has in store for my blog....


My favorite blog post would have to be the one on transitions.  Since this is such an integral part of my work as an international school counsellor it is something that I am very passionate about.  I am currently working with a friend on editing all of my TCK footage into a documentary.  I can't wait to share the final video!!


My most popular blog post is, International Schools (and how I got in the loop).  This is the post where I share my story and this well-kept secret so that others can get in the loop too!


I follow so many blogs it was hard to pick.  To name a few: Elementary School CounselingSchool Counselor BlogSchool Counseling by HeartTeacher Tipster,  JYJoyner

If you are a school counselor, join in the fun!  All you have to do is create a blog post and make the title, 'School Counseling Linky Party 2013.'  Place the linky party logo in your post and answer the four questions.  Next, submit your blog post link at elementaryschoolcounseling.org and start clicking.  I love finding new school counselors to follow and all of the great ideas that come with it!

I was really happy that my interview with Marissa Rex made it to her own favorite blog post of 2012!  I was also delighted to see that I got a shout out from thecounselinggeek.com in his blog post,  2012: My Favorite Posts of the Year.

Making a blog has helped me to connect with school counsellor's from around the world.  I look forward to a new year with many more posts.  Cheers and happy 2013 everyone!

2 comments: