Saturday 10 November 2012

Skype Interview + Change!

I was recently asked to do an interview for Marissa Rex, creator of ElementarySchoolCounseling.org.  When Marissa got in touch with me I was so excited since I regularly read her blog.  Marissa shares TONS of great ideas, resources, videos, etc. so be sure to take a look.  You can check out my skype interview here!  I had a great time answering questions and sharing my story and I am now looking forward to collaborating with Marissa and her students in Ohio!  We will keep you posted on what we decide to do from across the pond.

Sharing my journey with others has really got me thinking...  Ten, five or even two years ago if you had asked me if I saw myself moving to Europe my answer would have been, "no way!"  I never in a million years thought I would be blogging about my life and job in  London.  I am really (really) close with my family and have never seen myself as much of a risk taker.  Like many of you out there, I was always so comfortable in my routine and never thought much about change.  Sometimes I feel like I am dreaming and have to remind myself that this is all real.

Well, one and a half years later I am sitting here at my flat in London and as I reflect I couldn't be more grateful for this opportunity and I am so thankful that we decided to make this change in our lives.  I have to be honest and can't take all of the credit for the big move we made, that can mostly go to my husband who planted this seed many, many times.  I am just so glad that I finally warmed up to the idea and gave it a shot.  Having family and friends visit us has helped lots.  We hope to have many more visitors in the months to come!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment